Mindful Meditation Teaching Certification
Triple Gem of the North is offering a retreat-based teaching certification. This certification attests to an acceptable level of knowledge and teaching skills required for mindful meditation teaching.
The training will prepare you as a meditation and mindfulness teacher.
It will focus on:
- Understanding, practicing and mastering mindfulness
- Historical evolution of mindfulness
- Several different Eastern mindfulness pathways
- How to become a teacher based on the Buddhist Suttas
- Understand the Bodhisatwa mind and becoming a Bodhisatwa (a person on the path to Buddhahood).
- Understanding the Buddhist way of life by studying key Suttas.
- The Triple Gem, The Buddha, The Dhamma, The Sangha.
- Being a community member and creating a mindful community.
- Becoming a life-long teacher using Insight Meditation and Mind Culture
The certification program requirements include:
- Completion of assignments.
- Memorization of key Buddhist Suttas. We will study for a total of 21 Suttas.
- Attending at least 75% of training retreats.
- Participants will complete one or more hands-on training sessions while a monk observes. For example, a guided meditation class.
To Register Click here
Option 1 – Total Cost: $1,600 (if paid in full by December 1st)
Option 2 – Installment Payment
- Program Entry Fee (Due by January 24th): $550
- Entry Fee – Early Bird Discount (Due by December 1st): $350
- Additional Payments:
- March 20th – $250
- May 8th – $250
- Jun 26th – $250
- August 21st – $250
- December 11th – $250
*** Fees will cover lodging and food expenses. (breakfast, lunch and a light dinner). Food will be Vegan food. If you have any food restrictions you may have to arrange your own.
make your payment click here
All training will be held at the Metta Meditation Retreat Center in Janesville, MN
Each retreat will begin at 6:00 pm Friday and will end at 4:00 pm on Sunday.
Participants may stay at the Center Sunday night, checking out before 10:00 am Monday morning.
January 24-26 – Overview of the program and a historical context.
Will be focusing on “Understanding, practicing and mastering Mindfulness Meditation”
Historical evolution of Mindfulness. We will be studying all kinds of eastern mindful pathways.
March 20-22 – Being a good student is the teacher.
How to be a student and how to be a teacher. We will be studying various Buddhist teaching methods by studying several suttas.
May 8-10 – On becoming a Bodhisatva.
Understanding Bodhisatva mind and becoming a Bodhisatva (One who is working toward becoming enlightened.) We will be studying Buddhist Sutras to understand Buddhist way of life.
June 26-28 – The Triple Gem.
Understanding and utilizing the Buddha, Dhamma, and Sangha.
August 21-23 – Creating a Mindful Community.
Understanding the different ways, a Mindful Community can be developed, and what are the guiding principles for it.
December 11-13 – Insight Meditation and Mind Culture.
Being a life-long teacher using mindfulness. Utilizing Bhavana (Insight Meditation) and culturing the mind.
Minimum 1 year weekly meditation or more than 3 residential retreats under a qualified teacher.
You will have to submit a recommendation letter from your teacher, if you are not Triple Gem meditator.