Retreat limited to 20 participants (in-person), hurry up and reserve your spot!
December 9th to 12th, 2021 (Thursday 6:00 PM to Sunday 3:00 PM)
Registration Due Date: Friday, November 12th, 2021
Unhappiness leads in to depression, depression comes in many forms. For some, depression can mean a constant feeling of loneliness, sadness, or dread.
For others, it can mean a constant state of numbness or hopelessness.
Contrary to what some believe, depression does not care how much money you have, what you do for a living, who you are married to, what social group you associate yourself with.
Depression can be strong, but we can help you be stronger.
While depression, like any other mental illness, is not always cured through mental exercises alone, we can help you strengthen your mental wellbeing so you can overcome life’s challenges one day at a time.
During this retreat, we will give you the mental techniques to recognize what depression is and how to overcome it with the help of mindfulness.
Teacher: Bhante Sathi
Retreat Format: Hybrid (online and in-person)
Fee: In-person ($350), Online ($200)
Thursday Night Schedule:
- 06:00 PM – 07:00 PM: Opening Night Welcome & Introduction (group in-person & zoom)
- 08:00 PM – 09:00 PM: Group Discussion (group in-person & zoom)
Friday & Saturday Schedule:
- 06:00 AM – 07:15 AM: Mindful movements
- 07:15 AM – 08:15 AM: Meal and Independent Practice (individual)
- 08:30 AM – 10:00 AM: Morning Teachings (group in-person & zoom)
- 10:00 AM – 11:15 AM: Walking/Sitting Practice (group in-person & zoom)
- 11:15 AM – 12:00 PM: Mindful moments
- 12:00 PM – 02:00 PM: Lunch and Independent Practice (individual)
- 02:00 PM – 03:00 PM: Q&A (group in-person & zoom)
- 03:15 PM – 04:00 PM: Group Sitting (group in-person & zoom)
- 04:00 PM – 05:00 PM Mindful Motion with Yoga/Qigong (group in-person & zoom)
- 06:00 PM – 07:00 PM Snack/ Dinner
- 07:00 PM – 08:00 PM: Teachings /Talk (group in-person & zoom)
- 08:30 PM – 09:00 PM: Guided discussion
*** Saturday 7-9pm Guest Presenter
Sunday Closing Day:
- 01:00 PM – 03:00 PM: Closing practice (group in-person & zoom)
If attending the retreat in person:
- Location: google-maps has been known to take our guests to the main house rather than the center. When you arrive, you’ll pull into a gravel road on the highway, simply keep driving until you see a large yellow building on your left-hand side next to a large white cross. That is where the Center is.
- Clothing: try to bring comfortable clothing as you will be spending a lot of time conducting various types of meditation and mindfulness practices.
- Toiletries: try to avoid bringing heavily scented items and some individuals are sensitive to such products.
- Food: we provide food for you. But if you need to bring your own food for whatever reason, I encourage you to put your name on the food and place it in the fridge located on the main floor. I can show you where that is when you check-in.
- Towels and sheets: please keep in mind that we do not provide linens for your stay as we only have a few extra. I would recommend bringing a set of twin sheets and some towels. If you forgot these items we can help you out by letting you borrow some of our extras.
If attending the retreat online, here are a few tips:
- Try to find a quiet room away from people and pets.
- Try to eat home-cooked food. This will be elaborated more later on.
- Try to wear comfortable clothes
- Try to arrive at the call about 5-10 minutes before meditation and discussion. If your computer decides it wants to update or gives you trouble just email the retreat coordinator.
- Try to get a good night’s rest.
- Be mindful and relax!