Triple Gem of the North (TGN) seeks to hire a part-time Marketing Manager for Metta Meditation Center. This is a new administrative position, responsible for developing, maintaining, and growing the administrative function of the Metta Meditation Center.
About Metta Meditation Center
TGN was established in 2003 as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation. It was founded by Guiding Teacher Bhante Sathi as a community to promote mindfulness.
Metta Meditation Center became a branch of TGN in 2017 and was previously named as Holy spirit retreat Center.
Metta Meditation center is a retreat facility that can hold residential retreats up to 40 people and is located at lake Elysian.
Metta Meditation Center offers its own retreats and workshops organized by TGN and provides space to other organizations to conduct their retreats, workshops, and other group programs.
Job Role Functions and Responsibilities
The Marketing Manager’s overall function is to promote the mission and vision of the center and boost the occupancy of the retreat facilities (especially on the weekdays). The Marketing Manager will support the promotion of the Buddhist Center’s programs in a manner consistent with our identity as a compassionate, nonviolent, and mindful community.
The main areas of responsibility are listed below:
- Support the development and implementation of a strong mission-appropriate promotion strategy.
- Expands the awareness, engagement of the public, and attracts new audiences to support community growth.
- Perform marketing research to better identify target audiences and needs.
- Devise and manage local marketing initiatives, including traditional and digital media.
- Keep calendar and website up to date (with volunteer help).
- Prepare effective and timely promotional materials for delivery via email and on social media.
- Prepare flyers, brochures, and other printed promotional materials.
- Develop and place ads and other promotional articles.
- Prepare promotion for special events (coordinating with committees and event leaders).
- Arrange for volunteers to photograph activities.
The Administrative Lead will be responsible for ensuring that general clerical tasks are completed efficiently and expeditiously.
- Organize and maintain administrative systems, office records, and files.
- Coordinate office access and security.
- Schedule space use, including arranging for space rental.
- Maintain an orderly and well-stocked office.
- Assist the treasurer with simple bookkeeping tasks (e.g., deposits, bill payments) as needed.
- Experience in relevant positions, preferably in a nonprofit environment.
- Demonstrates creativity by using a variety of promotional tools to achieve objectives.
- Proficiency with various social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Google+, and Instagram.
- Strong organizational-, communication- and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt and pick up new techniques.
- Proficient with general office technology (word processing programs, database management, website maintenance, etc.) and comfortable with learning new technology with little guidance.
- Commitment to advancing the mission of TGN and Metta Meditation center.
Time Commitment, Salary & Benefits
- 15-20 hours per week with the possibility of additional time
- Compensation is $18.75 per hour.
- Access to Center classes and other programs.
- Flexible schedule.
Application Contact Information
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]